Canadian securities legislation is a combination of prescribed as well as principles based regulation. The use of principles can provide interesting challenges to firms as it allows for flexibility to meet regulatory standards, but does not provide assurances that an adopted practice will satisfy a regulation.
At RMS, we strive to assist clients in meeting their regulatory obligations and reduce their compliance risk profile. We understand the importance of the compliance function and how it can impact firms, their employees and the public.
RMS provides an ongoing compliance support service covering all aspects of business conduct compliance for registrants. As part of the service, we can provide regular advice and assistance to help your business manage ever changing regulatory expectations, rules and regulations.
We undertake to learn the nuances of our clients’ business model to assist them in devising ways to meet and exceed the expectations of the firm’s principal regulator. We recognize that not all firms have identical systems and resources and will consider these matters in suggesting or reviewing compliance programs and recommendations that are appropriate for your firm.
Our Services include the following:
- Set up of Firm Compliance System
- Policy and Procedure, Internal Control and Business Continuity Manuals
- Compliance Audit Review of Existing Compliance Structure
- Pre Regulatory Audit
- Trade Desk Support
- Advisor 90 Day Training Program
- Investment Representative 30 Day Training Program
- New Member Application to the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC)
- New Registrant Applications for Portfolio Manager, Exempt Market Dealer and Investment Fund Manager
- Registration Services for the National Registration Database
- Anti-Money Laundering Audits, Policies and Procedures and Risk Assessments
Compliance Support Services Retainers:
Several firms choose to have us meet with them on a regular basis to review and assist with ongoing issues and new initiatives. By retaining us to provide ongoing support they have effectively increased their compliance department without incurring the heavy costs of permanent personnel.
If you would like to speak to someone about our ongoing business conduct compliance support service, please contact us.